Selasa, 11 Oktober 2011

Honest review about the Tangos

Turtle Beach Call Xbox 360 6304300

Turtle Beach Call Xbox 360 6304300

Ok so this is my third headset, the others are Turtle Beach X12 and Tritton 720+ (I highly recommend both of those).

After getting tired of seeing "OMG this headset sucks it has such a low volume" I have to make an update and put it first

THIS HEADSET HAS PLENTY OF VOLUME
USE THE ADVANCED SOUND EDITOR PEOPLE!! THIS IS WHY ARE YOU PAYING SO MUCH MONEY FOR THIS HEADSET

Pros

-Sound Quality is great, in MW3 I could easily tell where the enemies were. I'd give these 9.5 and Trittons 720+ 8.5
-Advanced Sound Editor (ASE), make all the adjustments you want to your audio and chat. With a lot of room for presets.
-Mic is 10/10 just like the X12
-Very nice design
-Wireless with no interference at all, everything works great
-Voice morphing, yeah, this may be stupid and unnecesary but it can be real fun, you can make tons of jokes with this option

Cons

-Sound out of the box is meh, you have to go the ASE to get great sound quality
-"EAR GUARD" THIS IS WHAT MAKES THE HEADSET TO HAVE "LOW VOLUME", YOU CAN TURN IT OFF IN THE ADVANCED SOUND EDITOR! DOWNLOAD THE MANUAL FROM TURTLE BEACH WEBSITE
-The most disappointing thing for me is that they do feel a bit cheap not what I would expect from a $300 headset, To me the X12 and Trittons are way better in this category, both feel more resistant to falls and everything
-Optical cable, it is sooooo slim but I guess this isn't a big deal...
-Price is a little high since they feel cheap and the sound out of the box is not what you would expect

I had to return these because I had some problems (sound would cut off for 5 seconds from time to time and it would make a distorted noise in the right earcup every 10 mins approx)

Even with the problems I had with the Tangos I would say this is a nice headset (although a bit pricey imo) and probably better than the Astro A50 (I am sure my Tangos were one of the very few that were defective, but the A50 it seems like 50% are good and 50% are defective) and from what I've seen all over the internet the Warheads sound is somewhat mediocre for $300.

UPDATE 01/25/2013

After trying the old Astro mixamp with the Sennheiser PC 360 (which, lucky me, they were defective too) I am back with the Tangos.

I wanna say the old mixamp is really good imo.
The Sennheiser PC 360 are beautiful for music but in games I don't know if it was because they were defective or I had to get used to their sound (like it happened to me going from TBs X12 to Tritton 720+) but it was harder for me to hear footsteps, I am not quite sure as I just tried them for a few hours.

Anyway, I am back with the Tangos and I am pretty happy with these, no defects so far, everything works great as I was expecting. This is the best headset for gaming I have tried so far.

If you can get them for $199 that is a great price or even $249 would be fair imo.

Get your Turtle Beach Call Xbox 360 6304300 Now!

1 komentar:

  1. I don't play that many intense mulitplayer games. I play Call of Duty only for the zombies. When I do play multiplayer, it's Battlefield 3. I don't sound-whore in game, so I don't need the XP500. I just want wireless with good enough sound quality for cinematic games like Far Cry 3 and Skyrim.

    BalasHapus